Thursday, January 29, 2015

Fashion Rebel

Oversized Coat- Salvation Army $7.00
Sweater- JcPenny $3.99
Denim Shirt- Goodwill $1.00
Jeans- JcPenny $15.00
Boots- Macys (Mia)
Hair- Braidout Blowout



As I sit and reminisce on all of the ridiculous "fashion rules" I've been taught throughout my life... I realize I've turned into a bit of a "fashion rebel" (can I coin that term?) lol. Any who, I was taught  wearing white was strictly reserved for Memorial Day thru Labor Day...that's it! Anyone wearing white outside off those dates were commiting fashion suicide (laughs). 
Everything you wore had to match well...unless you were colorblind with no help getting dressed in the mornings. 

I discovered some time ago that there's quite a distinction between fashion and style. Fashion is a trend. What's "hot" and what's "not". Fashion is safe. It's easy to "fit in" and know that at least your wearing this seasons hottest trend! 

Style is a personality. This is your chance to really show the world who you are. You can tell a lot about a person just in the way they are dressed(mood, self esteem, etc.). Of course I'm generalizing here but for the most part I find this to be pretty accurate. Mix patterns. Wear your hair natural. Don't be afraid to take chances. Go against the "style grain"!  

Always remember... fashion fades only style remains the same -Coco Chanel
              Happy Thrifting💜




2 comments:

  1. You put it together well. Keep doing what you do I'm inspired just watching you

    ReplyDelete